Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Autumn sine qua non

1. Things that go bump in the night...
And make your skin crawl...
A great costume of course!
Be creative, no one wants to see a costume straight out of the bag with no wit or creativity, you might as well stay home!


2. Antique Halloween decor is spooky and creepy for real! Just think of how many All Hallows Eve's this card has seen.

3. This picture speaks for itself, yes please and thank you, gut rot and all!


4. unwrapping 50,000 caramels only to end up with 10 in the pot is one of my fondest childhood memories.


5. This game freaks me out for sure, belief in ghosts is optional goose bumps are not!

A Ouija board (from the French and German words for "yes", oui and ja, also known as a spirit board or talking board. Following its commercial introduction by businessman Elijah Bond in the late 1890s, the Ouija board was regarded as a harmless parlor game unrelated to the occult until American Spiritualist Pearl Curran popularized its use as a divining tool during World War I.[2] MainstreamChristian religions and some occultists have associated use of the Ouija board with the threat of demonic possession and some have cautioned their followers not to use Ouija boards.[3]

While Ouija believers feel the paranormal or supernatural is responsible for Ouija's action, it may be more parsimoniously explained by unconscious movements of those controlling the pointer, a psychological phenomenon known as the ideomotor effect.[4][5][6] Despite being debunked by the efforts of the scientific community, Ouija remains popular among many young people.

www.wikipedia.com



6. Through the view finder (TTV)
Through the Viewfinder photography is defined as taking a picture of any subject through the viewfinder of any camera with another camera. I prefer to use my Nikon D40 with a tube and a Kodak Duaflex.


Get out and enjoy the atmosphere that fall bestows upon us for such a short time. Whether you pull out your old polaroid (stock up on film), grab some pastels or just ogle the trees with your good old fashioned peepers. Get going, before you know it, it's gone.


7. If there is ever a time to read a seasonally influenced book it's now!! I can't help myself, I am reading as fast as I can so I can enjoy spooky books in this truly spooky season! These are two books I would recommend, historical, fictional and so rich in characters. I wanted to live in Deliverance dane or at least grow bella donna in my garden.





8. What is life without a soundtrack? These two albums will not let you down, I promise. Classic folk and true alt country will cary you through well into the deep dark nights of winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment